- CYMJotFormsAsked on February 01, 2016 at 04:24 PM
This is what we need:
Parent fills out section of form
Driver fills out another section of form; they can view parent’s completed section but can't edit it
An auto-notification is sent to me after both users are done
These are my questions:
1. I found instructions about approval workflow (http://www.jotform.com/answers/401633#401648) – how does this work when the email addresses aren’t pre-programmable? If this is doable, how do you program such an access key into the form? (My knowledge is fairly limited to basic JotForm!)
2. Since the driver is never the same person, the only thing I can think of is sending both people a link to the form, and have the parent copy and paste the driver’s email address into the form, enabling an auto-notification to the driver. This isn’t very ideal – do you have any better suggestions?
3. Also, if the above idea is what we go with, can you edit the text of an auto-notification or are they all templates? If we can do this, we can include instructions with the access key in what is sent to the driver so they can complete their part.
4. How do I program it so I'm notified only after both users are done?
I appreciate your help on this!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 11:07 PM
On all your questions, I think you just need to focus and understand the concept described on this user guides.
...how does this work when the email addresses aren’t pre-programmable?
it doesn't need the email to be programmable because the condition logic only select an already existing email. Base on selected answer to a question, the condition logic will be able to know which email will be sent to a target existing Recipent E-mail
Using this method, the form can send 2 different email to Parents and Drivers. Simply create 2 different email, and then use Condition logic to trigger which email will be sent to whom.
I also recommend using Save session form. Here is the user guide:
By having the form setup like this.. there should be only one final submission. So this means that both Parents and Driver must have already fill up the form before it can be submitted.
You can decide which of the end-user will be the final submitter (the paretn or the driver)
Let us know how we can be of further assistance.
- CYMJotFormsAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 05:54 PM
Thanks, this is making sense. Using the Save Session Form format, how do I make the first, parent-part of the form visible to the driver but not fillable?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 04, 2016 at 02:02 AM
You can add a Driver Code field that will be automatically pre-populated when the driver opens the form via the Save and Continue URL.
The driver code will be set to read-only. Simply click on the gear icon > edit properties > set Read-only to Yes
Then add conditions to disable certain fields once the Driver Code is filled.
Here's a sample form that you can see in action: https://form.jotform.com/60340806412950?driverCode=123