- fajasoAsked on February 02, 2016 at 04:31 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 04:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I still can't check this because Infusionsoft doesn't have a testing environment.
Are you mapping the file upload field in the form to the same file upload field from Infusionsoft or to another field type?
For our integrations, everything works best when they are mapped to the same field type. Please let us know how you map the field so we can investigate further.
- fajasoAnswered on February 05, 2016 at 01:17 PM
Yes it is mapped. (I provided screenshots in the previous thread)
Please review this video: http://help.infusionsoft.com/mastermind/jotfrom-upload-files
In this video, it is demonstrated that .... when you upload a document using JOTFORM and integrate and match the fields within infusionsoft, infusionsoft will then receive the URL to the uploaded file.
Can you confirm if this is true?
If this is true, then I need help because the field does not have the URL being populated into it.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 05, 2016 at 02:16 PM
For uploading files to infusionsoft, I would recommend using the infusionsoft upload widget:
This is used in place of a regular file upload field.
- fajasoAnswered on February 05, 2016 at 02:21 PM
Thanks! Where are the files retrieved within infusionsoft. Within the email address specified or the User ID?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 05, 2016 at 02:25 PM
I believe the files are attached to the User ID. As per the widget description:
Its an easy way to add and attach files using your Infusionsoft® user ID.