- kevinpclarkeAsked on February 02, 2016 at 04:35 PM
Is there a way to automatically separate the payment total into a separate cell away from the PayPal text which appears with it? The reason being it becomes difficult adding up the totals when t he PayPal text is in the same cell.
Thanks for your help
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 11:22 PM
If my understanding is correct, you meant this Paypal payment details.
As far as I know, this is a result that comes from the Paypal API. So I am not really sure if there is a way for our dev to customize this.
The details is consist of the items/products descriptions and the Total amount.
Can you also confirm first if this was what you meant?
I can submit a request to our higher team support after you confirm and inquire also if this is doable.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 02:45 AMHI Jonathan,
Yes this is the problem and means our accounts cannot easily just sum the cells for total payments due to the text in the same cell. I tried adding a total via the paypal plugin but this does not help.
Please advise if there are any ways around this?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 04:41 AM
A possible workaround is to get the value of the paypal field and copy it to a text field. Here's how:
1. Add a text box and name it Papal Total
2. Then add a condition to copy the value from the Paypal field to the Paypal Total
3. Save the condition when you're done and you're all set.
Here's how it would appear with the Paypal Total.
You can also check out the cloned form where I added the Paypal Total field: https://form.jotform.com/60332269022951
You can also clone it to your account: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 11:46 AMHi Christian,
I cannot seem to achieve the same as you did on my form although I removed the first Total box within the paypal widget as having two was confusing. See my link here and payment towards the end.
Thanks for your help
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 02:07 PM
I've fixed it for you. You have to click "Show Total" and then just hide it using a custom CSS codes.
I have injected the following CSS codes to your form:
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 02:46 PMHi Welvin
Many thanks for looking at this and solving it so quickly. I’ll need to do same for a few more similar forms which are not done yet so where do I insert the same CSS code ?
Many thanks again for your help
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 03, 2016 at 03:48 PM
Here's our guide to inject the codes: http://www.jotform.com/help/117-How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes. You have to add the codes to the bottom if there are existing codes in the CSS area. And again, make sure to show the total in the payment field. That is where the calculation fetches the value.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on February 04, 2016 at 08:46 AMHi Welvin,
Please cancel this email I just figured it out.. I had not set “Show Total” in the Paypal widget..
Many apologies and thanks for all your excellent help
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on February 04, 2016 at 11:15 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. For further assistance, you can always reach us from the Support Forum.
Have a great day.