What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How Can I Transfer Data One Form to Another?Asked by miclev on February 02, 2016 at 08:01 PM
I wonder if it is possible to transfer some data from Form 1 to Form 2 in html?
Form 1 is: https://form.jotform.com/53464236649261
Form 2 is: https://form.jotform.com/60323538322246
I would like to take the answers from the name and phone number of the Form 1 to make a text in Form 2.
Ex. The answers to the name on the form would be 1 John Scott
and the phone number is 123-456-7890.
I would like on my form 2 it is written automatically:
Hello John Scott
Your phone number is: 123-456-7890
If I understand correctly, you want to take the submission data from your first form and pre-populate it into the second form?
If yes, then you can do so by following this guide: How to pass value from one form to another form
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
Suivre le lien ci-dessous pour enregistrer votre VR
In addition what my colleague has already offered, you can follow the steps from the below:
To transfer field value to a another form,
1) You need to find the "Name" of the specific field. Select the desired field and click to gear shaped icon and then, click to "Show Properties".
2) Copy the "Name" of that field.
2) Copy your 2nd Form URL and construct the URL parameter for prepopulating value from the 1st form to the 2nd form; but before that, you need "ID" and "Name" values from 1st and 2nd form.
For the 1st form,
- You need to use first step to find their "Name"s.
For the 2nd form,
3) Below, the example combines the values from 1st form to 2nd form. Purple marked areas represent the labels from 2nd form (we get those values from the step 2). Orange marked areas represent the labels from 1st form (from the step 1).
Also, you can check the document Prepopulating the fields to your JotForm via URL parameters.
4) Finally, set the 1st form's Thank you page URL as custom URL with the parameters from the step 3.
After those, steps 1st form redirect user to 2nd form with the values from the 1st form.
For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.