What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Need help to transfer field from one form to anotherAsked by Effie on February 08, 2016 at 05:08 AM
I need help to transfer a couple of fields from one form to another..please do not send me links from the user guide..as I was reading them all and trying to work it out all day but no luck :-(
Here is the 1st form embedded in my website: http://transaustremovals.com.au/quote-request/
Here is the 2nd form embedded in my website: http://transaustremovals.com.au/quote-request-removalists/
I need the fields 'Full Name' & 'email' from the 1st form to be transferred to Form 2 when the customer hit the 'NEXT' button.
I've created 2 x hidden fields in Form two for the Full name & email to be transferred into.
If you can show me how to do it by cloning my form it would be great. I am not able to work it out from the user guide as its not the same situation...(my URL has other items in it...not only the Jotform and I'm not sure how to write it in the 'Thank you' page)
To transfer field value to a another form,
1) You need to find the "Name" of the specific field. Select the desired field and click to gear shaped icon and then, click to "Show Properties".
2) Copy the "Name" of that field.
2) Copy your 2nd Form URL and construct the URL parameter for prepopulating value from the 1st form to the 2nd form; but before that, you need "ID" and "Name" values from 1st and 2nd form.
For the 1st form,
- You need to use first step to find their "Name"s.
For the 2nd form,
3) Below, the example combines the values from 1st form to 2nd form. Purple marked areas represent the labels from 2nd form (we get those values from the step 2). Orange marked areas represent the labels from 1st form (from the step 1).
Also, you can check the document Prepopulating the fields to your JotForm via URL parameters.
4) Finally, set the 1st form's Thank you page URL as custom URL with the parameters from the step 3.
After those, steps 1st form redirect user to 2nd form with the values from the 1st form. For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks for that - but I managed to move only the email & phone fields that way. Could you please give me the Syntax for the 'Full Name' fields that contain 2x sub-fields First & last? The example in the guide not working for me.
Actually, it's better if you create a casual "Textbox" field for a full name on your second form, because we need "name" for addressing second form's fields; but with name you can only address first input field of "Full Name". Also, apply this to the "Approximate Moving Date" field. The values from several input fields from form 1 will fill the one field in form 2.
Below, you can check how to find name for the fields:
Also, the URL will be looked like this (Just for the "Full Name" and the variables could be different from the example) :
Please, try this one and let us know the results.