- exofficioAsked on February 08, 2016 at 08:43 AM
As a side question, how can I edit the text of the "operational" messages of the form?
I'm referring to "Please wait" (while uploading), "from" (as in "13% from 12 MB" while uploading) "Cancel" (to remove an uploaded document). I'm using your form also in the Spanish version of my website and I'd like to translate those English terms for my clients, but I haven't found yet the option of where to edit this. Thanks again!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 09:42 AM
You can find some of them in the form warning translation: http://www.jotform.com/help/61-How-to-Change-Translate-Form-Warnings.
I've fixed the "from" and "Cancel" using our translation tool. Please check again.
- exofficioAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Thank you. I've found and changed "Please wait..." but I've gone through the warning messages one by one and I can't seem to find "From" and "Cancel". Should these two be in the same category as the other warning messages?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 10:31 AM
I'm sorry, but the two is not in the form warning list. I've already fixed it using our translation tool but seems like they are not taking effect.
Can you try checking it through this link: https://spanish.jotform.com? This is a direct link to our Spanish website, but should be automatic depending on your PC language and/or browser language.
- exofficioAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 11:31 AM
I'm trying spanish.jotform.com, but it keeps redirecting me to eu.jotform.com, even if I sign out and sign in again. Perhaps I should wait until your team can see how to add those two items to the warning list?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 01:13 PM
You should just use the default domain for your region which is eu.jotform.com, if translating the form into English using the guide Welvin provided above, then my recommendation would be to clone your form in Spanish and then translate it to English, for your English speaking audience.
- exofficioAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 01:18 PM
Thank you. I already have the form in both languages - the issue is that the two items "from" and "Cancel" cannot be translated, as they are not included in the warning list that Welvin provided.
- exofficioAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Hello. If possible, I'd like to follow up on this issue:1. I've edited the form warning "Please wait..." and translated into Spanish. The translation shows up in settings, but I've confirmed that it does not show up in Spanish in the form in the website. In other words, the change takes effect in the settings, but not in the actual form.2. Last month, Welvin added the "from" and "Cancel" messages to the form warning editing list, but for some reason they were not showing up in that list, so they cannot be edited. In other words, this change hasn't taken effect in the settings.
Would it be possible for you to check up on this? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Of course, you can always make a follow up. But although they are related, I have moved them into a separate thread so we can make a separate ticket just in case we need to. Here are the links:
1. For the Please wait... issue, check it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/794901.
2. For the From and Cancel texts, please check it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/794903.