- sellyonAsked on February 08, 2016 at 09:43 AM
There is still an issue with gift registry widget in 2 of my forms :
1) 16 « inscription » items although the limit is 15. Why ?
URL : https://eu.jotform.com//?formID=60166285825965
2) 15 « inscription » items, then 2 « liste d'attente » items, then 1 « inscription » item. The limit of « inscription » items is 15, there is no limit for « liste d'attente » items. How such an upseting thing could have happen ?
URL : https://eu.jotform.com//?formID=60165787863973
Thank's to fix soon this issue
- BenAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 10:17 AM
If I understood the issue correctly Michel, the issue is that you had the Gift Registry widget set to 15 items, and they got used up, but they are still showing up as available for you?
If that is so then I can not recreate the same issue.
I took a look at the first form:
And this is what I see:
In regards to your other form: http://form.jotform.com/form/60165787863973
Now, since you have shared the edit links and not the direct links to your forms, I do believe that you are actually experiencing a different issue because the forms are embedded on your website.
If so, please do let us know the URL to the same so that we can check it out and see what is causing the same.
I can only presume that the widget is loaded, but then the followup call that disables it if it is over the limit was not fired, causing the same, but as mentioned, once we see the form, we would be able to know more.
- MichelAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 06:20 PM
I have made 10 different forms with Gift Registry widget. 8 of them works properly : when the item "inscription" is over the limit, it shows "none" and the only option is "liste d'attente" with no limit.
I had issue with only 2 forms, as I explained in my last message. The limit number does not work correctly, but the problem sometimes seems to have gone.
This is URL where the 2 forms are embedded in my website :
- sellyonAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 06:45 PM
At the moment, this form on my website
shows 15 places disponibles (places available) although I got 20 submissions with 18 items "inscription" (I have fixed the limit at 15), and 2 items "liste d'attente" (no limit). It is astonishing and un big problem for me.
- CharlieAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 01:55 AM
I see that your forms seems to be the same, did you clone each one of them? If you have cloned them including the widget, that might be the cause of the problem.
You can adjust the available slots of your widget by updating it. Click the wizard/wand icon.
In the widget wizard, update the number of available slots, change it to 0 if you already exceeded the number of submissions for that option.
It's best to test your forms before putting them in live to make sure that everything is working properly. Let us know if that works.
- MichelAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 03:44 AM
I am not satisfied with your answer :
1) may be this form has been cloned, but others are also cloned, without any problem
2) I followed your advice, changing to 0 the limit of avalaibale slots when the number of submissions is reached for the option. BUT IT'S NOT A GOOD SOLUTION.
3) I test all my forms before embedding them in my website. I test again in the website. Everything works properly. The issues appears latter. The problem seems to be random. Gift registry widget is not reliable SINCE I SWITCHED TO EUROPEAN SERVER. I am very disappointed.
Could you suggest me an other reliable widget with such counter and submissions limit. I shall try it.
- CharlieAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 08:31 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience. I tried it on our EU test account, however, I'm still unable to replicate the issue. But I was able to get an error when I cloned your form. Might be because when you have switched your datacenter to our EU servers, the API for the widgets also changed, we have a dedicated API for EU forms, however the old API failed at some of your forms. But re-updating or editing the widget should fixed it.
For now, we can monitor the issue, if you have experienced the problem again even after updating the widget, please do let us know and we will investigate it further.
For the other widgets that has the same functionality of the Gift Registry, you can try the following:
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you.
- MichelAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 09:09 AMI think I possibily found out where the issue is coming from :
When opening a form including gift registry widget, in my website, it takes few seconds before the form is available to place a subscription. A grey rectangle hides the options and a wheel is running.
If you wait until it's over, everything is OK, but if one "clicks" in this grey rectangle as the wheel is still running, it seems that it perturbs the system and you get the number of item "inscription" at the level created, not taking acount the number of subscriptions allready placed. However, the problem seems to be very random.
If this issue is due to EU servers, is it possible to switch back to US servers until EU are OK with that widget ?
- CharlieAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Great observation. I opened a separate thread for it. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/767944. It may or may not be related to the original issue you have in this thread, so I opened a separate thread for it for us to better discuss it. Please refer to the link I mentioned.
For the original issue, I would strongly suggest having the "European Datacenter" to be enabled. This is to avoid any problems on data storage of personal information for European users. You can learn more about this on this blog: http://www.jotform.com/blog/178-EU-Safe-Forms-Our-Solution-to-the-EU-Safe-Harbor-Invalidation.