What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How Do I Combine Info from Different Forms into One Submission?Asked by alexpuzza on February 08, 2016 at 08:38 PM
I have a 6-7 page sign up form that I use for my business and every time I get someone or multiple people to sign up I have to connect the information provided by the time stamp provided when they fill out the form. PLEASE tell me there is an easier way!!
A frustrated customer,
To integrate the data from several different forms, you need to combine the forms, so user starts with one form, then the first form redirects user to the next form with prepopulated values from first form. By doing this, all of the data from different forms will be united on the submission which is belong to last form the user visit.
To transfer field value to a another form,
1) You need to find the "Name" of the specific field. Select the desired field and click to gear shaped icon and then, click to "Show Properties".
2) Copy the "Name" of that field.
2) Copy your 2nd Form URL and construct the URL parameter for prepopulating value from the 1st form to the 2nd form; but before that, you need "ID" and "Name" values from 1st and 2nd form.
For the 1st form,
- You need to use first step to find their "Name"s.
For the 2nd form,
3) Below, the example combines the values from 1st form to 2nd form. Purple marked areas represent the labels from 2nd form (we get those values from the step 2). Orange marked areas represent the labels from 1st form (from the step 1).
Also, you can check the document Prepopulating the fields to your JotForm via URL parameters.
4) Finally, set the 1st form's Thank you page URL as custom URL with the parameters from the step 3.
After those, steps 1st form redirect user to 2nd form with the values from the 1st form. For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I found a better and easy way to combine your data, so you can ignore my first post, that was a advance and complicated way to achieve this scenario. With the "Combine Submissions" apps, you can easily combine data from different forms in one CSV file. Please, check it from the below:
I hate to be that guy... But I am still not understanding how to get all of
the information on multiple forms combined. If there is someway I can have
someone walk me though the steps via phone. PLEASE let me know if it's
possible. I cannot afford to continue handling collected forms my current
I can be reached at 845-590-6923 or 845-226-6420.
PLEASE and Thank You!
Unfortunately, we don't have a support on phone; but I will try to explain all the steps for the "Combine Submissions" app. Please, follow them from the below:
1) You need give permission to that app to access your forms. Open the "http://combine.jotform.io/" link, then follow the steps from the below:
2) Select the form, then select the desired fields which you want to combine. As it is seen on the below, you will see your forms on the right left side and when you select one, the fields belongs to that form will be appeared on the right.
In addition, you can combine more than two form with this method.
3) Finally, you need to click "Generate CSV File" button to create your CSV file with combined data.
I hope this information will clear enough. If there are still some blurry parts in your mind, please don't hesitate to contact us again.