- stevedellarAsked on February 10, 2016 at 08:11 AM
for instance a text field that you want to populate and record in submissions will be hidden when the form is printed.?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 10:39 AM
In the form submissions page, you can uncheck an item in the settings. When it's unchecked, it won't be visible in the print output. You can do this to any field, hidden or not.
- stevedellarAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM
No that does not solve my problem
at the end of the form are buttons for submitting and printing.
I want his to be submitted by omitted in the print version when it printed from the form not from the jotform console.
To give you a idea why i want it. it has a client reference number that is not appropriate to be printed on the form. but we still use the value
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 04:56 PM
This can be possible with the help of custom CSS codes added to your from.
For example, this is your form, https://form.jotform.com/60416114020941
You need to get the "fieldID" of the Reference Number field that you would like hidden when printing.
You can do that by inspecting your form from your browser.
Then, add the CSS code similar to the codes below to your form, make sure that the fieldID is correct.
(To select an element with a specific id, write a hash (#) character, followed by the id of the field)
display: none !important;
Once you've added the code with the correct #fieldID, it should work like this:
- stevedellarAnswered on February 13, 2016 at 03:53 AM
- nmoore1127Answered on June 12, 2016 at 05:20 PM
Thanks, helped me too!!!!