- businessjournalsAsked on February 10, 2016 at 12:09 PMHowever, I'm continuing to have other issues with the form. Now, people are receiving duplicate copies of the form - duplicates are also showing up in the Excel document. Then that same person submits another form and will not get a copy of the form at all. It is not making sense. Something must be going on with the form. Can you please help me trouble-shoot.
- KadeJMAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 01:40 PM
Anyway, I took a look at your form and found you have no submission limits set so because of that there are several reasons for why you are receiving multiple submissions even if it isn't intentional.
You can set them though to correct and prevent it. Please see http://www.jotform.com/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form for details.
- businessjournalsAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 01:51 PM
Yes, it is the same form I'm having problems with: https://form.jotform.com/52044450459958
I went to your link and read through the Unique Submission control. However, I'm not sure this is a good idea in my case. People within the same network need to be able to submit forms - therefor I need to keep on Loose Check.
But basically you are saying people are clicking the submit button twice and that's why the duplicates are being sent?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 03:58 PM
When a submission is sent multiple times is due to submitting(clicking) it more that one time, so it's good to setup Unique Submissions. However, I believe the cause of the autoresponder being sent multiple times, in your case, is the multiple and unnecessary conditional logics setup:
So, please delete all those conditions, and if you want to mail each submission to specific recipients, simply setup an email notification: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
You can add more than one recipient in your notification: http://www.jotform.com/help/39-Send-Notifications-to-Multiple-Recipients
Let us know if you need more help.
- businessjournalsAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 04:06 PM
So I see where can move two of the email recipients (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) to the email notification section instead of conditions since they are under all of the conditions/every market.
However, each market has different people that need copies of the form - those are conditions-based so they should stay there. Correct?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 06:43 PM
If the addresses are different for each market then you would indeed need to keep your conditional emails. I did not see any duplicate conditions so the emails should not trigger twice for the same submission. There are a few sets of duplicates, however, those look to be legitimate duplicates where the users likely clicked back on their browser and duplicated the submit action.