Lost Attachments and "Could not instantiate mail function"

  • Profile Image
    Asked on February 17, 2012 at 04:56 AM

    It seems that people are unable to upload any attachments.

    I mean - the submission process looks normal, but then I receive a message but no attachment.

    There is no sign of any file ever having been uploaded.


    Edit 1: I have noticed that it never shows 100% uploaded. It stops at 97-98%.

    Edit 2: Now effect of submission is: "Oops! Could not instantiate mail function." Just great. It's not funny!

    Edit 3: Another submission. Another "Please find the attached..." But nothing is attached. And no support from you.


    I understand - this is a hot time for you. You are busy. In my heart I pity you. But business is business. I pay for your servce, I have been patient for a long time. But now I demand my problem fixed. Now.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 08:17 AM

    The developers are aware of an issue on the new domains with some file uploads. 

    They will be dealt with , but they do have an incredible backlog of work at the moment.

    Are you able to access www.jotform.com yet? As your issue appears relatively urgent, it may worth considering reverting back to jotform.com in your form embed. 

    This domain should become available again to everyone over the next several hours. 

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 08:18 AM

    Nay. Still waiting for DNS to propagate. Thanks for the answer.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 08:29 AM

    I have noticed some users with similar problems and using a secure URL for their form allows multiple uploads work ok. 

    You could try that: e.g https://secure.jotform.net/form/FORM_ID


    Changing the Sender Email of your notification to noreply@jotform.com may also help. 


    I am sorry about these niggly issues, we should start getting back to some kind of normalcy over the next few days. 

  • Profile Image
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 08:40 AM

    Confirmed. Changing to secure fixed the issue. THX :)


    EDIT: PLEASE do not change subjest of this thread again.