- markashtonAsked on February 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM
If I post a forum post .. the post does not show on the forum.
Have you been advised of this before?
- CharlieAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM
I believe this is because of the change implemented by our upper management. They decided to initially hide new posts, it will only be visible on the forum once a JotForm support answers it. The idea is to prevent spams to show or flood in the public forum.
Rest assure that all of your questions are reaching our inbox and are still properly being queued and assigned to available support team members. Once answered, it will surely be displayed in the forum (given that it is not set to private).
Let us know if you need more information on this, Mark.
- markashtonAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 01:57 PM
Sounds like a good idea.
Until I checked to see if the post that I have just submitted shows and it doesn't.
Does this one I wonder?
You'll note my posts make some sense unlike the majority of garbage on the forum .. like "Where's my form?" and stuff like that.
Can you advise me?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 06:21 PM
Our devs made a script to prevent spammers to show forum post, they will be shown once a support rep. answers the thread, this is a general rule and it applies to everybody. So we hope you understand why this change.
- markashtonAnswered on February 14, 2016 at 09:23 AM
Thanks. I'm just testing that claim that they show once you answer with this thread.
Last time ... I didn't see it.
I will do it now and then edit the post ... to give the answer
- markashtonAnswered on February 14, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Yeah .. I'm afraid I still don't see this thread on the forum. It does not show as the latest post. i do refresh the screen properly .. and have given it a little time.
- markashtonAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 09:09 AM
That's the end of that then is it?
I don't see any forum posts I make whether they are the first post or the tenth.
Can I please see the forum posts that I submit
- CharlieAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Hi Mark, I'm testing it in my end. Your forum post is still accessible if you open the link on another window, regardless if you are logged in or not, so it is still accessible to the public.
However, it seems like whenever a new post, or in this case a new reply happens on a thread, it automatically hides. I believe the reason for that is spammers are also posting on public threads. To make sure that that spam reply won't be visible on the public thread, it is queued on our inbox and waits for a JotForm supporter to take care of it. I hope that helps. I'll check if after submitting this reply your post will be visible in the forum.
- CharlieAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM
It looks like it is visible, I'm checking it on another browser without any account logged in.
- markashtonAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Yes, so the thread will be only visible every time one of us replies to your latest inquiry in the thread.
- KentAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 07:10 AMJust letting the Jotform team know that the new post policy or script needs some fine tuning. Just saw this blatantly obvious spam by CakeDelivery on February 22, 2016 at 02:31 AM with url http://www.cakengift.in got approved for posting. http://www.jotform.com/answers/777667-Online-Birthday-Cake
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 08:37 AM
As I tried to search for the thread provided I was not able to find it on the support forum before it's got deleted. While answering this thread, it seems one of our colleagues have already deleted the thread considering spam. Anyways, thank you for the notice. We'll always keep an eye on the spam to avoid inconvenience to other customers and we'll definitely fine-tune the policy as required.