- VisionaryBlossomAsked on February 14, 2016 at 06:03 PM
Implemented a Terms & Conditions Widget on my form however cannot get the conditional logics to apply because it shows as *Required despite removing and/or turning off the *Required question option.
- CharlieAnswered on February 15, 2016 at 02:40 AM
The Terms & Conditions widget is designed to work as a separate element and is set to always be required.
Also, the payment method is also set to be required, I'm not sure if you need to set a conditional to make the terms & conditions to be required also. Both are already required and needed to be filled out by default. Would you only like to display the terms when the amount is already entered?
The problem I see is that the payment tool is not read properly in the conditional logic. Regardless if it is filled out or not, it will not trigger the "DO" statement. Here's how you can make it work, this is my cloned form: https://form.jotform.com/60450797974974. See if that works as you have expected. You can clone my form by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
This is how you can recreate it in your end:
1. First, add a Form Calculation widget, this is where your user will enter the amount.
2. Inside the widget, make sure to open the advance options and uncheck "Read Only" option.
3. In your payment wizard, make sure to set the "Get Amount From", we'll select our form calculation widget there.
4. In the conditional logic, you can associate it directly with the form calculation widget, instead of the payment tool. Note: You do not need to set the Terms & Conditions widget to unrequire, because if it is hidden, then it is automatically not required to be filled out. And the form won't be submitted because the amount in the payment tool needs to be greater than 0.
Let us know if that helps.