- gctcchAsked on February 17, 2012 at 03:37 PM
After charging from.com to .net my iphone app fails to work.
Are you going update app to work with .net
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 17, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
I have forwarded your inquiry to our developers.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
- gctcchAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 02:50 AM
- majidomanAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 05:34 AM
Any plan to support Android ?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 06:23 AM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 23, 2012 at 03:17 AM
The iphone app was down when the jotform.com domain was down. Unfortunately, there is no way around that. But, until the last week's domain suspension we had such a great availbility. Hopefully, this will not repeat. We are doing everything we can to prevent it.
- kokaneepowerformsAnswered on March 26, 2012 at 09:38 PM
I'm looking for JotForm Founder sympathy... the app seems to have a number of problems with raw HTML being displayed in the submission views. Given the 100+ million iOS devices I would think this might be important to have working so it maintains good reviews in the App Store and people can rave about it. It's also great functionality to have for teams of people monitoring submissions but when they can't read the submissions amongst the HTML it can't be used. Help... Help... looking forward to some updates to fix it. :-)