- traceydorrAsked on February 15, 2016 at 05:42 PM
Hi I was wondering if it is possible to somehow use the conditions area to set up a couple of check boxes that would ultimately gather data from multiple default valued text boxes that are hidden.
checkbox 1 ---gets data for--- hidden textbox [date] [time] [location]
checkbox 2 ---gets data for--- hidden textbox [date] [time] [location]
checkbox 3 ---gets data for--- hidden textbox [date] [time] [location]
If only checkbox 1 is selected then I should not be able to see hidden values for checkbox 2 or checkbox 3 nor should they be recorded in the excel sheets provided.
I have tried to do this multiple times and all data for each checkbox shows even if I have only selected one box.
Also I would like to keep the textbox hidden, but it shows up everytime one box is selected even if it is set to hidden.
Please let me know if this is possible.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 16, 2016 at 01:07 AM
The form you have linked seem to have been deleted. However, here's a sample for where I recreated your form scenario: https://form.jotform.com/60460352387960
1. First, add the necessary text-box fields and set them to hidden
2. Go to the conditions wizard by clicking the Conditions button
3. Select the Show/Hide Field condition
4. Add the required conditions. To show multiple fields, select Show Multiple and then ctrl+click on the fields that you want to show.
5. Do the same on the other check-box and your conditions should appear like this.
This is how the form should work when previewed.
And as you can see in the spreadsheet, the data is only filled when the fields are shown. Do note that the data will only be shown when the field is shown. If it is set to hidden, the data will not appear in the spreadsheet.
You can clone the sample form to your account by following this link: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
Sample Form URL: https://form.jotform.com/60460352387960
Let us know if you need further assistance.