- arthurshurnAsked on February 18, 2012 at 02:32 AM
I created the CNAME just as you indicated. forms and custom.jotform2.com in my Domain.
Then tried a form http://forms.shurn.com/form/20381429040 I get an error page. Does it matter if I had created a shortcut url? I did this six hours ago and it is still not working. I have created CNAME records in the past for other things. Is this service working?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to use Custom Domains with Jotform
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 02:36 AM
There was a problem in our DNS configuration for the custom domains. I have fixed it now but I am not sure how long it might take for it to be resolved. It should start working within an hour.
- arthurshurnAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM
This is working great, can I use my short cut url or is it inly the form number.
I used :
The latter generated a 404 error
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM
You don't need to enter "form" tag for custom form names, you have to add it just to forms with URL of form ID.
It's with ID, you need "form" tag ;
It's not with ID, it has own custom URL, you don't need form tag
Both of them are working according to my test,
- arthurshurnAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Thnaks now I understand, this format is better. Much easier to remember.