- CharlieAnswered on February 17, 2016 at 12:47 PM
If you would like to see the customer email as the sender email or as the "From E-mail" in your email notifications, then this is possible if you will setup a Mandrill account. Here are the steps you need to do.
1. First, follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address
2. After that, another field in your notification settings will be displayed, it will show "From Email". Select the email field in your form.
3. After that, try making a test submission, you should receive the email notification showing that it came from the email of the person who filled out the form.
Let us know if that's what you are looking for.
- imagecsAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Yes, i get this but in the "sender email" dropdown i do not see the option for the email that is inputted by the user! I need this as at the moment it is set to my email address so every form submission is set to come from me!
can you help?
- CharlieAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 10:11 AM
Please note that you will need to have a Mandrill account. It is not possible to send the email submission directly from the user's email because they are not coming from those mail servers. What will happen is that your Mandrill account (as the sender email), will send the notification to your target recipient BUT will display that it comes "FROM" the user's email.
Please follow this guide on how to setup a Mandrill account as your sender email: http://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address.
After you have setup an SMTP account using Mandrill, the option "From E-mail" will show up in your email notification settings as shown in the screenshot above.
- imagecsAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM
No screen shots shown on the page you have sent me here therfore makes it hard to follow. Can you please update?
- CharlieAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Could you please check again, I visited this link https://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address and the screenshots are showing properly.
Perhaps you have a plugin/extension/add-on in your browser that blocks our resources? Similar to an ad-blocker?
Please also do try using a different browser and see if the problem persists. Apologies for the inconvenience.