- LibertyYouthCampAsked on February 17, 2016 at 03:14 PM
How does someone get back to payment page if form was submitted with out paying?
Person went to pay CC was not good, wanted to check with bank and come in to pay later?
Thank youPage URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 17, 2016 at 08:46 PM
If a user was directed to the Paypal page but they were somehow unable to complete the payment, their form will end up in the Incomplete Payments list. You can check out this guide on how to view the list: How to View Incomplete Payments
To allow the user to complete the payment, please follow the steps below:
1. In your email notification, add an edit link as seen in the example below:
2. Then go to the Incomplete Payments and click "Complete Submission" on the form that you want to resend.
3. You will receive an email notification of the submission you just completed. Copy and share the "Edit Link" with the user so that they can complete their payment again. To copy the URL (edit link), simply Right Click on the Edit Submission link and select Copy Link Location. You can then share it directly to the user by sending the URL as an email for them.
4. After the user receives the edit link, they can then open the link to a new page and make edits if necessary. Or they can just submit the form again and they will be redirected to the Paypal page where they can complete the payment.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- LibertyYouthCampAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 11:41 PM
When I follow the above steps, the edit link that I copy and past into a separate email takes us to our website http://libertyyouthcamp.com/
Not the payment page? Help! Or is there a way to just create a link to the pay-pal page?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 01:30 AM
It is not possible to link directly to the paypal page as every paypal payment page for each user have different links. I checked one of your email notifications in our mail logs and when I click on the Edit Submission link, I get redirected to the filled form. I also copied the link and pasted it to notepad so you can see the URL. I can't seem to recreate your issue.
Can you please provide a screenshot of the edit link that you are copying it from? Please note that paypal forms will redirect to the paypal page AFTER the user submits the form. So if you want the user to be redirected to the paypal page where they can make the payment, they will need to resubmit their form.
- LibertyYouthCampAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 07:46 AM
I did all of the same steps. When I complete a new Test form it takes me to PP payment page
When I follow your steps copy paste the link open im my email it takes me through the form
when I click Submit payment and go it takes me to our website which i have provided a screen shot of. I have tried this many times yesterday, and 3 different times this morning same thing?
try these links and tell me what you get. I even tried opening from a gmail account too.
I am at a loss as to what to do.
Thank you, Terri Howlett 214-850-7514
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM
I do not think that is possible to redirect your users to the PayPal page when editing the submission, I made a sample form and made some tests, if I select a product and I'm redirected to the PayPal page and do not complete the payment and try to edit the submission, I'm not redirected to the PayPal payment page again.
I would suggest you to check this guide, there is more info related to incomplete payments in PayPal: http://www.jotform.com/help/272-Paypal-Incomplete-Payments-FAQ.
- LibertyYouthCampAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 04:21 PM
I did the same steps and once brings me back to form, scroll to payment, then takes me to our website. I have taken screenshots.
- BorisAnswered on February 20, 2016 at 06:16 AM
Thank you for providing the screenshots and our apologies for any confusion. The edit link can't be used to edit the payment information after the submission is marked as completed, so the edit link on a completed submission will not be useful for making the user go to the PayPal payment page again.
If a user abandons their cart, they will have to resubmit the entire form in order to be redirected to the PayPal page for payment again.
I will take a look if pending payment emails option can be used to achieve what you are looking for, but as far as I can tell, the only way to redirect the user back to the PayPal payment page at a later date is to ask them to submit the form again.
We'll let you know as soon as we have ore information. Thank you.
- BorisAnswered on February 20, 2016 at 07:56 AM
Just got a confirmation that neither the edit link nor "pending payment emails" can be used for providing the user with the PayPal payment page again.
If they have closed their PayPal payment page and no longer have it in their browser, they will need to re-submit the form again.
- LibertyYouthCampAnswered on February 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM
Thank you for clarifying. I will make sure people know this and do not abandon their cart.
- BorisAnswered on February 20, 2016 at 01:13 PM
You are most welcome. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know - we are always just a new support thread away.