- okeefeAsked on February 18, 2012 at 04:05 PM
I set up a simple contact form... and added a footer (I think that's something new you have added)...because I thought it was intended to just be informational. (I put it below the submit button)
But when the email notification came through, it included it, so I decided to delete it.
I have updated/saved the new form numerous times, but the email notification still contains that footer field... which I have removed. How to remedy?
I've attached a screen capture of what I received when I tested it...
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 04:15 PM
It appears that you have edited the notification to remove the JotForm logo in it. Here's a hint: when a notification is edited in any way, the system gives it a "dirty" flag and will no longer update it automatically when you make changes in your form. This is so you will not lose the customizations you applied to it.
The easiest way to solve this problem is to re-create your form notification.
1. Click Setup & Embed > Email Alerts
2. Click your form notification's name
3. Click Delete E-mail
4. Click Setup & Embed > Email Alerts
5. Click Add New Email
6. Choose Notification
7. Follow the Email Alert Wizard to finish creating your new notification
- okeefeAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 06:21 PMThank you... that's very interesting... I've removed the logo from other
forms, so I better go back and check on all of them.
I wish I would have known that up front.
A suggestion... have a more expansive 'manual'... I think if it had more
info about all the different things Jotform can do, and how to do it,
and/or what to avoid... it would really reduce your support questions.
There have been many times I've tried to search for info first, and could
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on February 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Thank you for the suggestion we will review our user guide for the email notifications and take note of your inputs on how we can further improve it to help users.
Thanks for using JotForm!