JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can I set some fields to appear on screen based on some condition?Asked by kranai on February 18, 2016 at 03:45 PM3. can I set some fields to appear on screen based on some condition? e.g. If registratrant is self-sponsored I want his home address field to appear. If he is company sponsored then I want the company address field to appear. Is this possible? Trying my luck here?
You can use Smart Forms using Condition Logic.
Refer to the user guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
You can create condition rules to Show/Hide fields/answers base on an action and selection done on the form.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
This is absolutely magic!...karamba!!! this is exactly what I want and it is so easy to use.
Now lets go forward with my form...
Now let say the user selects the mode of payment for the workshop as credit card...how do I move forward from here...I want them to able to pay via say PayPal...
What I can see for my form is this
1. If they select credit card
2. form displays PayPal icon
3. then user click PayPal I assume it jumps to PayPal screen does the payment
4. does it return to the form after payment ??? I am not sure
Also what I am not clear is how will PayPal pick the description of product and price and display at their end for processing
Do u have any user guide or demo on how can I set this option for payment in my form?
Please take a look at the following guides on how to set up payment forms:
In short, you will set up your products inside the PayPal payment tool of your form. Your users will fill out the form, select their products directly on the form, and click on Submit button.
Our form will redirect them to PayPal where they can make their payment. Payment data, such as how much they need to pay and for which products is automatically forwarded from our form to PayPal.
Once the payment is processed through PayPal, PayPal will send us a notification that everything is complete, and we will move the incomplete payment submission into your completed submissions. For this to work automatically, you need to have IPN enabled in your PayPal account.
If you run into any issues along the way or need clarifications regarding the payment forms or functionality, please open a new support thread about it, and we will be happy to help.
Thanks for the links. I went through them but not sure of some points:
First let me explain what I want so that we are on the same page:
I have a Registration Form titled Insight Academy Registration Form.
1. User will fill in their details and select which seminar/workshop they want to register
2. They can only select one and the form will show the cost of the seminar/workshop on his screen.
3. Then user will fill in other personal details and proceed for payment.
4. If user chooses Credit card then I want user to be able to insert his credit details if he doesn't have a paypal account OR if he has paypal account then he needs to fill in his paypal account details.
I assume the above step will be handled by paypal gateway system. We only need to ensure the description of seminar/workshop and cost of seminar/workshop are passed to paypal at point 4 from my registration form.
5. Once the payment is successful user returns to my registration form...and he sees a thank you message it and we will need to send a standard email informing that we have receive his payment and also confirming his registration for the seminar/workshop.
The type of form I have created is one product many choices. So now how do I add the payment portion in my existing Insight Academy Registration Form.?
Lets get this part sorted out before we go to the next step.
I have moved your question here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/776452.
Since it's not related to your initial question that was about hide field in Thank You Page.
We will assist you there.