JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Dropbox PDF overwriteAsked by gazzanawt on February 18, 2016 at 05:01 PM
The completed forms that are depositing into drop box are overwriting the completed forms that proceeded them.
I've read around and seen this issue had been brought up a couple of years ago but can't seem to find a fix or an instance of it happening recently.
Is there any way to avoid the overwriting issue while retaining the existing folder - subfolder naming conventions?
That is to say, i'm aware that using the 'date and time is known to address this issue, but that would remove the existing subfolder naming convention that i've already established.
Also this issue doesn't seem to impact all of the dropbox integrated forms i've created, though i'm having trouble identifying the common issue, is there a known cause?
I made a test form and I integrated it the with dropbox and selected a textbox field as the name of the sub-folder under Test Form.
I sent two submissions with the textbox field having the same data filled. When I checked the dropbox folder, I can see that there is a (1) added in the title of the pdf. It appears that I cannot seem to replicate the issue you are having.
Can you please try reintegrating your form again to see if that fixes the issue? Simply remove the previous integration, clear your browser cache, then re-integrate the form with dropbox. Do let us know how it goes.
You can also check out this guide for more information regarding dropbox integrations: Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
Yeah, I identified the issue.
Oddly enough, the overwrite only happened when the destination folder has an ampersand (&) symbol in the name. (e.g. Test & Tag)
With that symbol removed and no other changes made, the issue was immediately resolved.
All other proposed fixes did nothing to change the status and the 'overwrite' continued, but removing the ampersand from the dropbox destination folder name rectified the issue.
No idea why this would cause an issue, maybe a prohibited character or something but regardless, the issue is resolved.
I am glad to know that your issue has been resolved. If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.