JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Feature Request page/section in the ForumAsked by grade4pagasa on February 19, 2016 at 02:26 AM
Hi JotForm Team .
I have a suggestion. Can you create a Feature Request page where users can see in real-time all of the existing requests arranged in descending order and where users can also Upvote on a feature that they would like to get implemented? In this manner:
* a complete list of all implemented (closed), pending, and open requests is made available to the users.
* along with upvotes, a priority matrix can also be assigned by the Dev Team to override features that received lesser votes but have major impact on ease of use for the users or functionality of a form.
* all updates from the Dev Team will only be communicated in 1 channel, the Feature Request page. (no backtracking forum threads anymore. and no more instances of a request that was already implemented but the forum thread where the feature was requested is still not updated, open / pending).
* all updates are made available to all users - not just the user who requested the feature whose forum thread was updated by the Dev Team.
* threads / posts with feature request will be minimized (if not eliminated) since there's a separate page / link where users can submit their feature requests.
* This will also help in avoiding redundant / repeating posts since users will be able to see if there's an existing request like the one they're looking for.
Currently, the only way users can support, upvote, or push for a feature request is by commenting on an existing thread - like the one Robert (AA_C) created here. (I also have a similar request opened last Oct. 2015).
Just a thought.
Thank you for sharing your ideas and ways on how to improve our service. Currently, we do not have a dedicated page or section for feature requests as it depends on our developers what is feasible, it also depends on the current workload that they have and what can be prioritize. However, public post requesting a feature can be viewed by users when browsing the forum.
Having a dedicated feature request page or section might not fully decrease or remove redundant posts/threads. Users will most likely open their own new thread rather than checking a long list of feature requests, this is because each user can describe the feature they are looking for differently, let's say we have user1 opening "feature request 1", user2 wants the same feature but has more to add on it, user3 shares his/her own idea but does not agree on user1's original description of the feature, and so on... This will eventually might confuse on how the feature should actually work and might add additional workload on users if each change request or additional sub-feature will be added on the main request. This is why we strongly suggest opening new threads, with that we can fully discuss the concern of our users, and if an existing feature, widget, app or workaround might suit their needs.
It is quite common on website forums that duplicates and redundant posts happens. Our developers also have their own system to see a list of bugs, feature requests, etc... in their end which I believe makes it organized. Currently, thread posts that have similar feature request will most likely be assigned to the same team or developer, when that feature is implemented, all thread posts related to it will also be updated (not only one user).
I'll forward that idea to our back-end team to see if they can redesign or improve the forum page. However, please note that we are unable to guarantee that this will be implemented. But I believe this is an idea that will help us redesign how the forum works. Thank you.
I see both sides of the argument have merit. If you had a suggestion box perhaps, not much different then Randy suggested though. I find searching for some solutions or suggestions a cumbersome task.
You have a developers forum; http://developers.jotform.com/forum ,why not use it to post ideas?
Thanks for your input on this, Robert. I'm not quite sure about the developers forum (because I'm not really usually there), but it is usually for developers who have concerns in our API, widgets and apps. The Feature Request section there might also be related to our APIs only (I think). But I guess it is better to have your general request about the JotForm functionality directly here :)
Sharing the Feature Request page of Awesome-Table where it:
* gives users the opportunity to make a feature request in a central repository where existing requests are available for viewing
* gives the users a voice by letting them up-vote on existing feature requests they like
* shows the total number of up-votes received
@grade4pagasa: Thanks for the screenshot, and more detail about your feature request. Your feature request ticket is already submitted to our Development team.
Please understand that there is no definite time frame as to when it will be available.
But we will notify you here for any news/updates on the status.