- PatAsked on February 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Is it possible to temporarily suspend the account without losing the forms already created?
- KadeJMAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM
To my current knowledge we don't really have any sort of method to "temporarily suspend" your jotform account. At the most your account would be placed into a "dormant state" if you have not logged into it after awhile.
If you have an account with active jotforms on it then what I would suggest is that you disable your forms and you can always come back and re-enable it later on when you wish to log in again. Your forms and data will be retained securely while keeping them inactive this way until your return.
- pzickAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 12:46 PMNew response receivedI’m referring to billing – is it possible to suspend the billing but
not lose the forms already created so that they are retrievable
- KadeJMAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 01:07 PM
Ah okay, my apologies for giving you the wrong information and thank you for clarifying it for us.
Yes, you can most certainly cancel your subscription and downgrade for the time being then re-upgrade later on in future when you need it again. You will not lose any of your forms or data.
Be advised though that we noticed you are on a premium grandfathered plan so if you cancel it you would not be able to return to it in the future later on down the road. There is a message in your My Account > Billing that warns you of such.
- pzickAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 04:46 PMNew response receivedThank you – we’ll leave as is.