- mcavalloAsked on February 22, 2016 at 05:06 PM
The drag and drop upload widget seems to work filling out the form but when I receive the email or look at submissions the file doesn't show up. Any thoughts?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM
Please note that you will have to click the Begin Upload button after dragging and dropping the file to be able to upload the image correctly.
This is how the widget will appear after you have begun the upload.
To prevent the user from skipping the Begin Upload button, you can set the upload widget as Required so that they will be forced to upload the image first before they can submit the form. Simply follow the guide below:
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- mcavalloAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 09:57 AM
I've been clicking begin upload, and the green bar gets full, but it never says thank you your submission has been received. When I submit, the uploaded file does not appear anywhere. I'm on a mac. Does that matter?
The screen looks like this:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM
I tested the widget and I was able to reproduce the issue. Files can be dropped into the widget, however, they do not complete the upload process.
There is an error when the file finishes uploading:
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. We will let you know via this thread as soon as the widget is working again.
In the mean time, I would recommend using a regular file upload field until this is resolved.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Sorry about the inconvenience - it's been fixed, your drag and drop upload widget should be working normally now.
Please check - let us know.
- mcavalloAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Nothing seems to have changed. Same problem. I deleted the widget and reinstalled just to make sure. I got your email test email though and it worked. Weird.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Opps - my bad - I see the error now - its apparently Isolated to Firefox.
We'll get back to you once fixed -
- andrewfordAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 10:00 AM
I'm having the same issue with Chrome. The drag and drop just doesn't work properly. It doesn't upload the files.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 11:45 AM
The ticket is still open for this issue and has not yet been fully resolved. We will let you know via this thread as soon as it has.
- mcavalloAnswered on March 18, 2016 at 10:53 AM
Got a best guess on when this might be fixed? Are we thinking a week or two or a few months?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 18, 2016 at 11:26 AM
There are no further updates as of yet, however, this is being worked on. I will see if there is any information I can pass on as to when this may be fixed.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on April 12, 2016 at 01:33 AM
Thank you for your patience.
This has been fixed - the widget should upload files normally without incident.