- grade4pagasaAsked on February 25, 2016 at 03:47 AM
The Dates Difference widget calculates the number of day which includes all the dates specified in the widget, right? For example, March 13 - 18 2016 is calculated as 6 days (March 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18).
But why is it different when I calculated using form calculation with the formula:
last rental day - first rental day?
which gives me 5 days only (March 13-14, 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18)?
Here's the link of the form.
This is the link of the related thread.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM
I see the difference what you mean. It seems the calculation widget is using the normal calculation method with the day field. Let me forward the issue to our backend team to take a look at this.
You'll be posted through this thread once we have any update on this. Thank you!
- grade4pagasaAnswered on April 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Please close this ticket as I already researched the answer.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 20, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Glad to see that you have managed to get a workaround to the issue. I see that the difference is still appearing in my test form. I see that the ticket is still open with our backend team and a developer is already assigned to the ticket.
Since the ticket is open and once we have the fix to the issue, the update will be posted on this thread. Thank you!
- grade4pagasaAnswered on April 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM
My searches showed me that when calculating duration of days, the calculated days are inclusive of all the days specified. That is, (date 1 - date 2) + 1.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 20, 2016 at 01:50 PM
Thank you for letting us know what you have worked out to fix the issue. Simple workaround. :)
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on April 25, 2016 at 07:55 AM
We've also corrected the dates difference widget to calculate the difference between the midnight of the first date to the midnight of the second date.
Thanks for reporting this.