- argylemedicalAsked on February 25, 2016 at 01:17 PM
I am making a french version of an english form and in a question section answerable by radio buttons i need an 'other' 'text field'. However the 'other' writing in the text field does not seem to be editable. I would need 'other' to say 'autre' which basically means other in french.
I've already tried changing the form language in advanced preferences.
Any workaround to this problem would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 02:51 PM
Changing your forms language should automatically change most elements:
Anything that is not automatically translated should be able to be manually changed from the language tool.
- argylemedicalAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 03:31 PM
Ok but to do that i would have to make english the original language of the form and then translate to french. However french is in fact the original language of the form. Therefore i would need to edit the original language of the form which is said to not be doable.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 04:00 PM
My apologies, I was thinking of something different. Changing the hint text for fields can be done through the fields options. Click on the field, then click on the little gear icon in the top right:
From the pop-up menu, change the "Other Text" to whatever you would like to show.
- argylemedicalAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 04:15 PM
Awesome, that worked perfectly! Thanks David.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 04:21 PM
You are very welcome! If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know and we will be happy to help.