- kmgilbertAsked on February 25, 2016 at 02:01 PM
Hi, I have a form where users can submit photos to our contest. I'd love to set up a way that after they submit, it can auto-generate a Twitter or general social media post that can be easily shared based off of the fields they entered - I'm thinking their photo and caption submitted. I know I've seen this with other forms on sites. Is there any way to do this on Jotform?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 03:52 PM
You can take a look at Jot2Tweet on how to share your submissions to social media via Jotform.
Here is a nice guide on how to use it.
Please let me know if this works for you.
- KaylaAnswered on February 28, 2016 at 05:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking into Jot2Tweet, but it doesn't look like it actually does what I'm needing.
First, does this post only to MY twitter account? I am looking for something that will auto-generate a message based on their Jotform submission that they can post on THEIR OWN twitter account.
Second, it doesn't look like it will let me select the image submit field, which is the primary thing I want to be shared on Twitter/social media.
Is there anything else that can do this? It doesn't need to even POST to social media, just generate a message & pic link that they can share on Twitter/Facebook/etc.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM
The app Jot2Tweet does indeed only post in the Twitter account connected to the app. A possible workaround would be to display the fields in the Thank You page so that the user can simply copy the content and paste it to their own twitter post.
Here's a guide that can help: Setting Up the Thank You Page
1. Click the Thank You page and click Edit Text
2. Click the Form Fields and select the fields that you want to display in the Thank You page. In this demo form, I selected the Photo and Content fields.
3. You can make further edits (ex: make text larger or use different color) by using the text editor . Save changes when done.
This is how the Thank you page will appear when a user submits the form.
Here's a link to the demo form so you can see it in action: https://form.jotform.me/60588961535467
To clone it to your account, simply follow this guide: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- kmgilbertAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 07:45 PMThanks, i'm experimenting with this. Unfortunately, it looks like the
picture link isn't tweetable - it'll just paste the text. Is there any way
to pull a link for the picture that can be posted?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:31 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to pull the URL for the picture automatically. However, a user can still click on the image title and save it to their device. That way, they can upload the image to twitter straight from their device.
You can also use the Image Upload Preview widget so that the user can preview the image in the Thank You page. But this will still require the user to save the image to their device before they can post it to twitter.
Check out this demo to see it in action: https://form.jotform.com/60617662909968
If you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.