- MrMoyzerAsked on February 26, 2016 at 04:10 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 26, 2016 at 05:10 PM
You may try to retrieve that by disabling and re-enabling Encrypt Form option from Preferences of the Form builder page. Once you do that, you will be prompted with options that include downloading a key. However, that key can only decrypt succeeding submission data after it was downloaded. Encrypting old(prior) encrypted submission data would still require you to provide the old key you downloaded before those old submissions. Unfortunately, I'm sorry for there is no way we can retrieve or get that old key back, it is unique and it can never be re-downloaded.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on March 03, 2016 at 07:21 PM
When I set my forms to be encrypted it asked me to use the Jotform supplied key and said it would be stored on your website. I didn't not download a key to my computer. The form gets submitted to my email as encrypted. When I click on the Jotform button I'm taking to my browser which is encrypted. But when I login to my account I can read the information. This is telling me that the key is stored on your servers. Is there a way I can download the key from somewhere to my computer and if not, if I turn off encryption will I loose the access to retrieve this form info?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 03, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve the lost encrypted key. The key is not stored in our servers. You can still read the information when logged in because the key is saved in your browser local storage. Once a key is lost, it cannot be retrieved from Jotform again. If you turn off the encryption, you will be able to receive new submissions without encryption, however, the old encrypted files will remain encrypted.
Please see this article for more information regarding encrypted forms: What are Encrypted Forms and how to use them as expert?
- wimmelchenAnswered on August 10, 2016 at 06:15 AMHi there, I'm having the same problem. I didn't know you had to download the encryption key (or I don't recall having downloaded one). What file extension would the key have so perhaps if I did download I can find it based on the extension. I've switched off the form encryption and that didn't help. Also, you say the key is stored in my browser but Im getting a Encryption Key Wizard asking for my key and everything is still encrypted. Please help!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 10, 2016 at 07:28 AM
I have moved your question to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.