- swintonpatersonAsked on February 29, 2016 at 01:21 PM
This looks helpful but can I also hide a submit button beside the status field?
I have a 5 page form but need to add a status field to the top which could be updated quickly rather than paging through the whole form to reach the submit button at the end. Any advice?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to assign a status to submissions
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 03:47 PM
You can show or hide any field conditionally using conditional logic in your form:
Add your status field wherever you would like. It is not necessary to have it in any particular location.
- swintonpatersonAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 04:00 PM
Thanks but when you click Edit you start at the top of the form so to be able to quickly change a status field and then save would be the best solution.
To page through 5 pages of form to get to the submit button regardless of where the hidden fields are seems like it might get a bit frustrating.
Is there any way to have a hidden field and a hidden submit button at the top of the form?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 06:07 PM
You can add a forms tab widget to your form to allow for selecting specific pages:
You can add fields where ever you would like and conditionally hide them. You could add a conditionally hidden submit button to the top of every page if you wanted.
- swintonpatersonAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 06:01 AM
Thanks for your continued help. I think the bit I haven't figured out is how to hide the submit button? I can hide text fields etc but there isn't the same option for a submit button?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:15 AM
I think you are referring to the "Hide Field or Show Field" in the field properties. This option is not available for submit button. It's safe to delete the submit button if you wish to prevent someone from submitting your form. You can add it back later when you are ready to accept new submissions.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:19 AM
I'm sorry for misunderstanding the usage. Well, you can add the submit button at the top then you show it only when the status field is filled.
You can add a condition, like this:
- swintonpatersonAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:19 AM
No I don't want to prevent someone submitting but thanks for trying to help.
I wanted to have a hidden text field and a hidden submit button so that an Administrator can easily update a status field. I want this to be at the start of the form so that the Administrator doesn't need to page through lots of other fields to make a quick edit.
David seems to suggest I can hide a submit button but Welvin says I can't?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:20 AM
That's quick! I'm sorry again. Please check my suggestion to add a conditional logic for the submit button to hide and show.
- swintonpatersonAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:30 AM
Ah! Perfect, that's what I was missing. Thank you :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Great! You're welcome. Please contact us again if we can help in any way.