- moonleAsked on February 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Does Email Alert send me a notification when a new Jot Form is received? Can I send the alert to multiple emails? Can I send a text alert?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM
There are two basic things that the Email Alert can do:
1. Send the form owner or the assigned administrator emails
2. Send the form user an auto response email out of the form he submitted
You can also send email notifications to multiple emails. Click here to learn how to set your email notifications to send to multiple e-mail addresses.
Just in case you want to know how to create an autoresponder email, you can read this user guide
As for SMS notifications, it is possible to send a text message to your cell phone. Most cell phone providers support this. For example, if you are using Sprint PCS, create a new email message (using Email Alerts button on the form builder) and configure it to send the email to the SMS address like this:
Here is a list of cell phone providers for US:
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ t-mobile.net
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ vtext.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ pcs.rogers.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ messaging.sprintpcs.com
Format: 1 + 10-digit cell phone number @ mobile.mycingular.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ txt.att.net
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ message.bam.com
Bell Mobility (Canada)
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ txt.bell.ca
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ mobile.celloneusa.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ comcastpcs.textmsg.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ fido.ca
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ msg.telus.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @message.alltel.com
- moonleAnswered on February 22, 2012 at 07:15 PMThanks for the clear instructions. I added my Sprint cell phone number to the form and send a Test request. I received the request in my inbox, but did not receive the text.
Can you let me know if I did something wrong.
The address of the form is: http://www.jotform.com/?formID=20004903231
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Can you try creating a separate notification and see if having a sender notification to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or setting the email to plain text will make a difference?
- moonleAnswered on February 23, 2012 at 01:41 AMYou solved the problem. I created another notification with sender email@example.com and it works.