- anthonylovesashleyAsked on March 01, 2016 at 01:31 AM
I'm wondering if there was a way I could import a list of guest that I want to RSVP. I don't want random users RSVP-ing on a site that aren't on the guest list. How can this be accomplished? I'm liking this form so far, I'd love it even more if I could do this.
So here's the ideal scenario I'mm trying to pull off:
The only visible fields will be (at first)
First Name | Last Name
Once they've entered their name, it cross checks the guestlist to see if that person is there, if not, then it will say, "Sorry You're not on the guest list" please contact ....@email.com
If they are on the guest list, then all the other fields will be revealed.
Willl you be able to attend?
[which events] Ceremony | Reception | Both?
This is a test form i just made
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 04:37 AM
We can accomplish the scenario you want with "Show/Hide a Field" condition. By adding the invited names on it, you can easily make this; but you need to use default "Text Box" field instead of using the "Full Name" field, so we can control the name and surname on the same input field. Also, you need to add "Is Equal To" rule for every name on your list.
Please, see the example setup from the below:
After applying this, I can only see the other fields and submit button, if entered the correct name. In our example, "Adam Johnson" and "Jane Heart" are on the list. You can write these names and see their effects on the form from the following link:
I hope this one will meet your needs.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 10:57 AM
That's a perfect start! But that leaves one remaining issue. The example you provided allows any name entered (outside of the guest list) to be submitted. It goes to the "Thank you page" when you put in any name. Does that mean that the form is actually submitted? Thanks for your help so far!
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Actually, it is not allowing people to submit, if they don't defined on the "Show/Hide a Field" condition. In our example, if the users don't write their names as "Adam Johnson" or "Jane Heart", they can't submit the form.
Please, see it from the below:
If I understand you wrongly, please correct me.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Ah I kinda see what you're talking about but if you put in a name and then hit enter (in most cases I tend to almost always do this). It takes you to the Thank you page.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 11:23 AM
So when they hit enter, I'm trying to inform the users who aren't on the guest list to either reach out to the wedding party to get on the guest list or do nothing when cause they're not on the guest list. Does that make sense?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 12:35 PM
You could make the opposite condition to the one that shows the fields for people on the Guest list.
And have it show a field with your message regarding who to contact. Here is my test form with the changes added:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 06:09 PM
Since the next question was about a different topic, I created a thread for it here http://www.jotform.com/answers/785188
We will attend to it separately.
Let us know if you have further question on the original topic on this thread.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 07:39 PM
Okay, so how do I add the logic to view from a name of list instead of having to enter the names each time I'm creating a logic for it? Is there a way to have a check the value from a list I can copy and paste?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 08:46 PM
how do I add the logic to view from a name of list instead of having to enter the names each time I'm creating a logic for it?
Were you referring to the Form Builder Conditions Editor?
It has no option for that.. you will have to type in the Values to the Value box manually.
If you meant you want to use a Checkbox field or Dropdown field for selection instead of Textbox field for the Name, you can do that as well.
Fill in your Checkbox or Dropdown List with the Names from your List.
Then create the Conditions logic that if Value is equal to the Selected value = Show/Hide
Let us know how it goes.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 01, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Here's what I got so far, it's looking VERY promising. A few things I ran into though.
Once you've selected
1. Can you Attend Clicked (Yes)
- Shows: Which Event?, Are you bringing a guest, Guest full name (this is correct behavior)
2. Can you Attend Clicked (No) (after you've selected yes)
- Suppose to hide: Which Event, Are you bringing a guest, Guest full name (in correct behavior)
3. "Can you attend" left empty hides (when selection is empty)
the following is set to hidden: Which Event, Are you Bringing a guest, Guest Full name
Questions I have,
1. Does the order in which the logic appear have any importance?
Hope this makes sense. Thank you so much for the help so far!
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 12:15 AM
Tweaked it even some more, What's remaining is
Guest list should not be seen if
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 03:49 AM
As far as I understand, you want to add some criteria to the field "Can You Attend?". If it is the issue, we can add one "Show/Hide a Field" condition to that one.
Please, see the example configuration for that one from the below:
If you are pointing something else, please do let us know.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 09:28 AM
this is making me want to pull my hair out, what am I missing here. I've made the suggested conditions but if you shift between options on my demo link. You'll see that Guest list name is now showing since adding that condition you mentioned for me to try. I don't want the guest name to show at unless they have said yes they're bringing someone. It seems as though there's some conflict here in the conditions. If you play with it enough, you'll see what I mean. When you jump between options in the form, you can see the guest name field still remaining when it should not.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Yes, you are right. Since there are too many conditions, it is easy to get lost. Firstly, please erase the following condition:
Then, modify the one from the image below:
Please, try this one and let us know the results.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 01:51 PM
if you take a look at it now, when I choose yes, then no or back to empty, the guest name still appears?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 02:55 PM
While editing your form, click on the preferences button. Then, under the "Advanced Settings" tab, change "CLear Hidden Field Values" to "Clear On Being Hidden":
This should clear and conditionally shown fields that no longer have conditions met.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 03:19 PM
Did that and updated, still not working properly
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 04:44 PM
Could you please be more specific as to what is not working properly. When I enter the guest name, the appropriate fields are shown. Selecting between Yes, I'll be there! and Can't make it does not cause fields to remain shown if the guest name is deleted.
- anthonylovesashleyAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 06:00 PM
Apologize, should of been more clear. I'm referring to the relationship between "Are you bringing a guest" question to "Guest Full Name". When you choose YES to Bringing a Guest, the Guest Full name appears as it normally should, but when you change it back to a blank or No, Guest Name still remains there.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 07:19 PM
I see what you meant on your form https://form.jotform.com/60607739339161
Several correction must be done on your form Conditions..
This is my correct version of the form https://form.jotform.com/60617213716956
You can also clone it to better review on your Form Builder.
Let us know if you need more assistance.
- CharlieAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 05:00 AM
Hi, this thread discussion was last updated way back March 2016, to better assist you, I have opened a separate thread for your concern, please refer to this link instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1110631. We will address it accordingly.