What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Advance Conditional Quiz using JotFormAsked by Abhishek Parikh on March 02, 2016 at 08:07 AM
I have basically 20 question, each with 5 radio buttoned fixed choices. Each option has a number/score associated with it. User has to attend all the quiz questions and finally at the end of the quiz a total score is calculated by adding all the numbers/score associated with each question. Depending on that total score a certain message is to be displayed after submission. Is this possible with this service? If not that's ok, but I love JotForm and would love to figure out a way to do it if at all possible. Thanks ahead of time!!!
Yes, that is possible in our form builder. Depending on what form field type you are using.
If you'll use the matrix field, then you can easily make calculations based from those answers. Here's a guide that you can refer to: http://www.jotform.com/help/343-How-to-perform-form-calculation-in-the-Matrix-field
If you'll use simple form fields like drop down fields, check boxes, radio buttons and the likes. Then you can easily assign calculation value on them.
Here's a sample form that I made: https://form.jotform.com/60613824590960. You can select "Option 3" in the radio buttons, you'll get the thank you message saying that you got a perfect score.
Here's how it is setup:
1. First, I have added radio buttons for my questions. Click the "Edit Properties" in your field.
2. In the "Properties" window, you can assign calculation values on them, in this case, we will assign "1" for "Option 3" assuming that is the correct answer. Or depending on how you are scoring your questions. Here's a guide about assigning calculation values: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
3. Now we will use the form calculation widget to add all the scores of the radio button fields. To learn more about performing calculations in your form, you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form
4. In my form calculation widget settings, you'll see that I have added each of the radio buttons here.
5. You now have a quiz form with score values on each question. Now how do we change the "Thank You" page depending on the calculated score? That is possible by using the conditional logic. Here's a guide about it: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
To set it up, choose "Change 'Thank You' Page".
6. Here you can setup the "IF" statement and display a custom thank you message depending on the "IF" statement rule that you have specify.
Make sure to save all the changes you are making. You now have a quiz form with a calculated score.
Let us know if you need more information on this.