- 2adorableAsked on March 02, 2016 at 06:55 PM
prepopulate form field with information on the page..
i want to prepopulate a form field with information that is on that particular page ...
for example ... i work at a car dealership and there is a separate page displaying each car... on every page i am going to paste in a script of my jotform form.. is there a code i can use to grab the url and paste it in a hidden field so that i can know which page the person applied on or... grab information from the page it self.. preferable the url.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 03, 2016 at 12:20 AM
It is possible to prepopulate the form fields by adding URL parameters to your form URL. Here's a guide that can help you set it up: Prepopulating fields to your JotForm via URL parameters
If you need further assistance, do let us know and we would be glad to assist you.
- 2adorableAnswered on March 05, 2016 at 12:38 PM
check this link out http://wefinancecars.ca/listings/2007-mazda-mazda3-sedan-grey-3999/
what is i put a credit app on that page and when the customer fills out a credit app i want a hidden field that shows "2007-mazda-mazda3-sedan-grey-3999"
how can i achieve this
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 05, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Can you please describe more what you wanted to achieve.
You can achieve this by embedding the form using its script embed and the pre-filling the fields with data from the other fields on the page.
- 2adorableAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 09:56 PM
yes thats what i want but ... i want it to automatically grab the vehicle type make and model and enter it into a hidden field in the form.. i have over 200 cars i cant use your solution for each and everyone.
i am going to add a form to each page that has a car on it and i want to know what car the customer is filling out a form for but i do not want a extra question asking the customer that
- 2adorableAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 10:01 PM
or even if i can use some sort of code to insert the url of the page they applied on then i would know the car
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 12:19 AM
Then you can add a hidden input field where you can store the URL.
1. Add the hidden field and determine the ID by clicking the gear icon and selecting Edit Properties.
2. You can see the ID of the field in the properties. In this example, the ID is input_22.
var location = document.URL;
document.getElementById("input_22").value = location;
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
- 2adorableAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 02:54 PM
where do i enter the script code exactly? i tried it and it didnt work i created a form field i made it hidden and pasted the souce code and the imput ID was input_12
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 04:59 PM
To catch the web page address I would like to suggest trying a Get Form Page URL widget. Drag and drop it to the form to collect the submission web URLs.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.