- CinderellaAsked on March 04, 2016 at 01:18 PM
My settings are set to receive unlimited form submissions. What's not working?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 04, 2016 at 03:56 PM
Can you please provide us more details about your issue? I am not sure what is wrong with your form.
I have checked form limit settings of form you provided and I saw that you have set Unique Submissions to Loose Check.
More about unique submissions you can find inside of this guide:
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- CinderellaAnswered on March 04, 2016 at 05:36 PM
This is the constant complaint I get
Just went to order and filling in information and clicking to go to next page this popped up:
Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 04, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Please follow my colleague's guide and set everything to "No Check". This should correct it.
That error appears when you impose limits on your form either on Unique Submission or Unique Question.
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
- CinderellaAnswered on March 05, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Thank you. Is it possible to update all my forms at once like this or do I have to do all individually?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 05, 2016 at 01:49 PM
You have to do it individually if they all have unique submissions limit. So basically, you just have to edit the form and check if there's a limit set. There's no way to update them all at once. Thanks!