- VirtualroadworksAsked on March 05, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Currently when a form is submitted it has a long obscure digit name like 73438738374738.submission.pdf
I would like to save it in the format of lastname_firstname_date of submission . pdf
This is just so that a large volume of submissions can be easily catagorised without having to open each pdf.
Does anyone know how this can be done?
Thanks a lot
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 02:55 AM
This is possible using the following workaround.
So what we need to do is to combine the value of the two fields, fullname and date field into a single field using form calculation widget.
1. Add a date field in your form, enable current date. This will serve as the submissions date.
2. If you already have a fullname field in your form, proceed to step 3.
3. Add a form calculation widget in your form and combine the two fields by adding them in the formula. Make sure the fields are colored black which means static text are values to be copied.
4. In your Dropbox Integration, use the form calculation field as the sub-folder name.
Here's how it should end up.
Hope this helps!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 02:57 AM
And the PDF should have the name of the folder as well.
- VirtualroadworksAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 05:22 PM
Thankyou Very Much for this help !!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 01:31 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.