- greekpeteAsked on March 05, 2016 at 02:24 PM
I cloned a form and edited the client named details yet when I receive the 'Question - Answer' email it still shows the client name from the original form that I cloned from.....can you help?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 03:07 AM
I would suggest you check the content of the notifier(s) set on the form. You can update it or you can just delete it and create a new one.
Here is a guide that you may refer to in Setting-Up-Email-Notifications.
You may also check this guide for more details: Notification-Autoresponder-Email-Details
- greekpeteAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 03:45 PMI’m not sure that I explained myself properly.
I cloned a form because there is a lot of what I call behind the scenes properties configuration that had been done and I assumed that all I needed to do after cloning is to change the text describing one client’s name to that of another.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 05:35 PM
Are you referring to this form, http://www.jotformeu.com/form/60492633014348?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're referring to the "Title" or the "Subject" of the email being sent out when your form is submitted, is that correct? I checked the notifiers and it seems to have a different "Title" or "Subject". Here's what you can do to update that.
If this is not what you want to change, I would suggest you post a screenshot of the email you're receiving and highlight the part that you would like to be changed.
- greekpeteAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 08:45 PMThanks Mike…..I was going to do a video but screenshots are probably enough in this case.
When I complete the form on the website page I receive the two emails from Jotform.
The one with Spices Datchet are from the cloned form and the one labelled Chutney Jacks was the original form.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 05:03 AM
As my colleague has already stated, you have 3 "Notifications" setups on the related form and some of them has the previous subject name, so when you received them as a email, you are confused; but all of them are coming from the same form.
Please, see it from the below:
Please, change the "Subject" of the email submission as it is described in the screenshot and also, please don't forget to let us know the results.
- greekpeteAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 06:45 AMHi….I see your point…..I still don’t understand from what I see do I did a video
Please let me know where I’m going wrong.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 07, 2016 at 06:58 AM
Below, you can see the steps to change the email template for "Notification" or "Autoresponder":
Please, apply this changes and let us know the results.
- greekpeteAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 05:42 PM
Sorreeee....I was wrong and you were right.....(Jeez, that's what I say to my wife daily)
I found the error as you pointed out.....I'll now creep away quietly.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 09, 2016 at 12:56 AM
We are more than happy to assist you. I see that your issue is now resolved with the help of my colleagues. If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.