- grade4pagasaAsked on March 06, 2016 at 12:11 PM
Hi JotForm team.
I seem to have not gotten an email update or a message blast from the JotForm homepage regarding the Monthly Form Views. Or was this in the newsletter?
* Is there an article in the FAQ or User Guide?
* When was this implemented?
* What instances would trigger the Form Views counter?
* Will previewing my form trigger the Form Views counter?
* Will clicking the Edit submissions link trigger the counter?
* Will forms either via direct link or embedded ones be triggered by the counter?
* If I provide a direct link of my form (for troubleshooting or bug report) in a forum post, and either a JotForm team or a user clicks it, will that trigger the counter?
* Would disabled forms still trigger the Form Views counter?
* If my forms were cloned then previewed or published, would that also trigger the Form Views counter?
* I noticed that either in iPad's Safari or Chrome, the entire form refreshes when you move from 1 app to another and back. Would this trigger the Form Views counter?
* What's the objective of the Form Views?
Appreciate the enlightenment.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 06, 2016 at 05:14 PM
Information about new form views limit was sent, I'm very sorry you didn't receive it. Now I'll try to answer few of your your questions, but I can also point you to this link in our blog: http://www.jotform.com/blog/191-Announcing-Pricing-Modification-Form-View-Limits
- This started 1st of March.
- Form views will be counted regardless if they are embedded, standalone, source code etc.
- Preview count as well, at the moment.
- Regarding the Edit submission link, it will count.
- Yes they will be triggered via direct link or embedded.
- So far any view of your form will trigger counter.
- View on disabled form will not count, since the form is disabled.
- If it is under the same account it will count
- Since the form is reloading, on the iPad, it will trigger the counter.
- For this question I'll paste here from the link above:
We felt that users who were receiving more than 1,000 views on their forms are getting the same value as users who receive more than 100 submissions. We wanted to make our form limits more fair for every user, which also took into account per capita web hosting costs. Now, whether form views or submissions, we’re all on the same page and know what to expect.
Hope I was able to answer your questions.
Please let us know if you have additional question.
- ecdbusinessAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Thank you Jotform for your response but i feel that this is really bad business practice (your introduction of form views). In my view you are loosing credibility and trustworthiness.
Few points (out of many) you have somehow neglected the fact that the previous pricing structure is one of the reasons you stood out from the competition. Many businesses who use this platform will stand to loose money in the long run due to the issue of form views and triggers which are unfair! and no doubt these businesses will OUTSOURCE to form providers with reasonably priced products (as you know the market is saturated with other similar platforms as yours).
Form views do not make business sense (due to ROI) to any reasoning organisation. I can see why you stand to gain but you have done it all wrong and i think you need to listen to your customers and review this. i am sure you can gain more revenue in other ways!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 08:01 AM
I understand, this was introduced to level up user account pricing. View limits make account usages more fair to users. Since the users that have more than 1000 form views have same value as users who receive more than 100 submissions per form.
Please let me know if you need any assistance.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 09:29 AM
I discovered an Undisclosed Trigger in the Form Views counter.
Form Views counter will still increment when a Form (even though Disabled) is checked under Revision History
Please rectify the statement released and cited in this thread and 2 other forum threads regarding View on disabled form will not count.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for reporting it. That's indeed a problem. We will address that issue to our higher ups so they can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!