- dmichaelsAsked on February 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I'd like to allow my users to select a name from a Members List and send an email WITHOUT disclosing that e-mail address. I can create the Members List such that it contains names and e-mail addresses, but I only want the name to be visible to the user (in a drop down box?).
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 23, 2012 at 01:03 PM
Yes, that's feasible. Here's what to do:
1. Load the form into the form builder and add the drop down in which the member list is to appear and label it accordingly
2. With the drop down still selected, click the "Options" button in the toolbar and add the list of names, placing each one on a new line
3. If the form doesn't already have a notification, create one
4. Click the "Setup & Embed" tab and then click the Conditions button
5. When the wizard loads, click Send an e-mail after submission > Next
6. Next to "IF" select the drop down field
7. Next to "field" select Equals to
8. A drop down will appear with the first member's name already selected
9. For "Then send" select the notification
10 In the email to box enter that member's email address and save the condition
11. Click Add New Condition and repeat steps 5 to 10 for each member and save the form.
That's pretty much it. Users of the form will not see the addresses to which the submissions are sent. If you need clarification on anything, please let us know.
- dmichaelsAnswered on February 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Thank you. If the Membership list was only 10 or even 20, this solution would work well. My Membership list is probably closer to 130. The list is also subject to change, so I need a solution that allows me to paste the list into the form (a form field).
(and here you thought it was going to be an easy one :))
- fxrAnswered on February 24, 2012 at 07:17 AM
I really dont think we are going to be able to make this any easier.
The only way to do it, with the features available on JotForm, is to create conditions for each of the mails on your list.