What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
The Data Which Goes to Zapier is IncorrectAsked by Hardyc on March 06, 2016 at 11:20 PM
I have setup a zapier task to accept data from my Jotform. So of the data fields are not being sent and some are sending "N/A".
The above capture shows the data that Zapier has said it has received. fields__Approved By: I know has data - fields__Requester Email also has data.
Above is Zapier also telling me that is received to fields with no value. I know fields__Sub Total has a value in it. When I send an email to myself with all these fields they have data in them.
How is Zapier access the data? it seems to be missing some stuff.
sent JotForm uploads png www
On my tests, I didn't encounter the same results with you.
Could you please re-integrate the Zapier? Please, follow the instructions from the link below:
Alternatively, there is app called "" from our side which is doing the same thing. You can check it from the following link:
After applying the steps, please do let us know the results. If the problem insists, we can take further action to fix it.
I have tried the integration again. Recreated the zap many times without success. As I've highlighted the data that zapier believes it is getting is incomplete. I don't know if this is the way zapier is collecting/calling the data or the way jotform is sending the data.
the link you provided for the app on your side just redirects you to the zapier website, so its not a app on the jotform side.
this is still occurring and is providing major issues.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have just tested and successfully integrated zapier with jotform. I did not get any issues with the data when submitting forms. Can you please indicate what you are using Jotform and Zapier with. I used google spreadsheet and did not have any problems.
I'm integrating it with Salesforce (custom object so cant use the Jotform app). It works fine on other forms. Our account is silver, the form was created by someone else, but the integration with jotform from zapier uses a different account - I'm going to check if that makes a difference. I'm also going to create a whole new form to see if it will send correct data.
ip:18.104.22.168updated_at:2016-03-07 18:40:54fields__Number of Hours:60.8id:333120667831672603fields__First Date of Leave:24/02/2016fields__Number of Days:8new:0status:ACTIVEfields__You cannot use the same email address. Please use your Manager's Email.:N/Afields__Date you will return to work:07/03/2016form_id:60225945306857fields__AM eforms:Aspen Medical eformsflag:0fields__Submit:N/Afields__Leave Request:N/Afields__Upload files:N/Afields__Your Managers Name:David Tullochfields__Worker:5 Dayfields__Your Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org__Your Name:N/Afields__Leave Type:Sickcreated_at:2016-03-06 19:44:27fields__Your Managers Email:N/A
It doesn't matter what I'm integrating with - I don't get that far. The above is what Zapier has read. There is data missing and replaced with N/A. This is a problem...not sure who's -- but it is a problem.....you might have to ask Zapier how it is getting the data request. The two fields Your name and Your Managers Email have data in them. I will also upload the CSV file of this submission held in JotForm.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you try clearing your form cache to see if that fixes the issue? Here's how: How to Clear your Form Cache
However, from your screenshot of the csv, I can see that the data is being submitted correctly. This suggests that the issue might be with zapier integration to salesforce since the data appears as n/a in zapier. I would suggest you to open a ticket at Zapier about fields displaying as N/A.
Do let us know how it goes.
I've opened a ticket at Zapier but also doing more testing. I have created a brand new set of forms identical to the one having issues and it sends all data to Zapier correctly. With both set of forms I'm passing parameters via URL posting between them. With the one having issues we pass data from one to the next with URLENCODE, but with the one that works we don't use URLENCODE. Its then submit of the last form that triggers Zapier. Still need to test it more but it looks like URLENCODE may have something to do with it.
I'll let you know how I get on
Sure, feel free to update us here with the results from your tests, since it is weird that it is not working when you add URLENCODE, and as we have tested the integration and seems to be working fine in our end. But let us know, we will be glad to assist you.