- snitchardAsked on April 21, 2010 at 02:56 PM
My required fields are ignored and people are allowed to submit blank or incomplete forms. In JotForm V.2.0 the required feature worked fine by placing a red box around the skipped field and not allowing a form to be submitted unless all required fields were filled out.
- sessionAnswered on April 21, 2010 at 04:32 PMfor jotform V3the "required" option doesn't work well !Also, If someone activate an option in a check box (for example with the tab) without choose anything and press enter, the "requiered" control doesn't work not only for the check box element but for the all form! also space bar causes the same problem.
Ifsomeonesomeone press Enter in a text box that doesn't have the "required" option on, the form is submitted without respect any other "required" field.
- snitchardAnswered on April 21, 2010 at 05:09 PMHello,
I was trying to validate my page via http://validator.w3.org and in order for my form page to validate I had to get rid of my form id number. In doing so the required fields were disabled. I put the id number back and all works fine. The page shows it has 3 errors and 1 warning but is any page really going to always validate properly?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 22, 2010 at 02:16 AMI just checked your form and required fields worked fine.
Do you still have this problem or fixed it by resetting the form code on your site?
- sessionAnswered on April 22, 2010 at 04:06 AMso what about for this problem? still have this problem...
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 22, 2010 at 06:38 AMWe will look into that problem as well. Thanks for reminding us.
- snitchardAnswered on April 22, 2010 at 09:34 AMThis problem seems to be fixed.
- GTTAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 01:18 AM
I have the same problem too.
My required fields are ignored and my customer was able to summit blank or incomplete forms to me.
Able to help?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 08:22 AM
Can you give us the link to this form or webpage that has a problem?
- markashtonAnswered on April 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM
After a lot of playing around and hours of testing I can say with conviction that the required function is not 100% consistent and cannot be relied on. This may not always be the case with every, or even most, forms however.
Shame. Are there any bugs ready to be dealt with on this?
- jadeorchardAnswered on June 20, 2011 at 01:53 PM
We are experiencing the same issue of required field being ignored and people being able to submit blank forms. Here is the URL:
Any word on this bug fix?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 20, 2011 at 08:38 PM
Just to add my two cents worth, in it is entirely possible for a form to be submitted with apparently unfilled required text fields that are in fact filled - with just spaces! Perhaps some extra validation needs to be applied to such fields so that if they contain just spaces, they would not be considered filled.