- wowzaAsked on March 08, 2016 at 06:51 PM
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 09, 2016 at 02:38 AM
I assume you are referring to the encryption key? You can create a new key by unencrypting the form, then encrypting it again. You will then have an option to create an encryption key.
Please note that doing this will make the old key obsolete. For further information on encryption, please check out this guide: What are Encrypted Forms and how to use them as expert?
- wowzaAnswered on March 13, 2016 at 01:46 PMThank you for the info. I did this, got a new key, but I still could not
open the form. Any other suggestions?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 13, 2016 at 03:55 PM
Could you please provide me with more information about the issue you are experiencing?
Private encryption key is needed to open the form's submissions if you have previously encrypted it.
Private encryption key is used to access the submissions that were received through your encrypted form.
Unfortunately, if you have lost your private encryption key there is no way to access your form's submissions that were encrypted with that private key. We don't store the key or decrypted version of your form's submissions anywhere so those submissions can't be cracked.
If you have lost the private key, the best thing you could do is to immediately generate new private key or remove encryption, because every new submission that is encrypted with the lost key will not be available to you.
I await your response.
- wowzaAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 10:46 AMThank you for your prompt response! I believe I tried to open a previous
submission. Hopefully the next submission will allow me to open.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance on this.
- wowzaAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 11:46 AMIs there a phone number I can call if we (my marketing department and
myself) continue to have trouble on our own? We could simply un-encryt the
forms, but they contain what we feel is sensitive information.
"For an *in-thread-ible* look!"
919-808-2WOW (m) | wowbrows.me
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, we don't have any support on phone; but as you already know, we can solve everything through here. Also, I understand your concerns about the sensitive security data. To beat that issue, you can enable the encryption option again and get a new key for the last one, so the upcoming submissions will decrypt with the new key.
For further assistance, please do let us know.