What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Payment Wizard: Separating the products from credit card & addressAsked by QEGI on March 10, 2016 at 12:55 AM
Attached screen cap makes this even clearer. My client is requesting the user fill out the credit card & billing address as the LAST part of the form. Currently the wizard does not allow separating these functions. Or perhaps there is in fact a way? Thank you.
credit card separating fill billing address
Unfortunately, they cannot be split up, they are part of the payment integration. We can use CSS code to position it although I would not recommend it as it will most likely not give a properly layout.
Another possible solution is to recreate your products using simple form fields like radio buttons AND past it on the payment total as a custom amount payment. Here's a quick step by step on what I meant:
1. First, recreate the products by using a simple radio button field.
2. Now we want to assign calculation values on them, they will be the actual price of the product. To do this, right click on it and choose "Edit Properties".
3. In the "Properties" window, you can assign calculation value on the said options. Here's a guide to learn more about this: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
4. Now I will setup a "Form Calculation" widget as a means to getting the price value on the radio button.
5. To get the value of the radio button field, we just need to click the "Add Field" button and find that specific field.
6. After that, we can now use the form calculation widget as a reference to get the total amount in the payment integration wizard, however, you'll need to select "Collect Donations/Custom Amount Payments" option and choose from the "Get Amount From" list. Here's a guide to learn more about this: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
You now have a separate field for the products as a radio button and the payment wizard as the final total for the price. With this setup, you can simply create complex pricing and calculations before passing it in your payment wizard. Here's how it looks like: https://form.jotform.com/60691552823963
I hope that helps.
WOW thank you for the detailed response. I'm gonna wrap by brain around this and see if it works with our setup. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.
On behalf of my colleague, you're welcome.
Sure, do let us know if it works as you need, if it does not, we will be glad to help you.