- dbisAsked on March 12, 2016 at 03:20 AM
We have a booking form with times but teachers would like to block out some of the times en masse.
Rather than them putting a lot of dummy records in, I tried uploading the required records using the Import CSV. However when I try to add an entry using one of the blocked out times it still allows me.
How do I convince the system that these times are already booked?
- BorisAnswered on March 12, 2016 at 05:33 AM
If you are trying to limit some time slots, you may want to try using the Limit Dates feature of our DateTime fields:
This will allow you to disable certain entries automatically, without needing to create entries for each date/time you would like to disable.
Alternatively to that, if you are not using a DateTime field, you can use one of our widgets to allow your users submit only the amount of options that you would like to allow. For example, you can use any of the following widgets:
Inventory widget, allows an item to be selected multiple times (specified amount of times)
Gift Registry widget, allows an item to be selected multiple times (specified amount of times)
Appointment Slots widget, allows an item to be selected multiple times (specified amount of times)
You can simply set them up so that each available item/time slot can be selected only once, and not worry that there will be multiple selections of the same in your submissions. Here is a guide on how to add widgets to your form:
Please let us know if this will work to your satisfaction.
- dbisAnswered on March 13, 2016 at 05:25 AM
Thank you! I have used the Appointment Slots in the end.
- BorisAnswered on March 13, 2016 at 06:05 AM
Great to hear that Appointment Slots widget satisfied your requirements, thank you for updating us.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again. We are here to help as much as we can, as always. :)
- volunteeruwgcAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 01:45 PMI need this same issue resolved but because these widgets are hosted outside of jotform, many organizations we work with block this content. They can see jotform content fine, but the widget content is invisible. Is there a way to set some kind of form limit that no more than 5 people can check a certain box, or choose a certain item from a dropdown menu? Could this be added?
- BorisAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 03:12 PM
@volunteeruwgc, in order for us to better assist you, your question has been moved to a support thread of its own:
We will be assisting you with it there, thank you.