- SladestyleAsked on February 24, 2012 at 05:43 PM
I have a form that has a field which will need a specific string of values. Sort of like a credit card (but not a credit card).
Is it possible to have 1 field be formatted something like this:
Deal ID/Key: ABC12 - DE - FG - 34 - HI56
The "-" would be great visually but not necesary. Each set of letter/numbers would be their own input field but under the same Line item.
Also, ideally if I could set the validation of each input box such as "box 1=alpha/numeric"; box 2="alphabetic"; "box 3=.....etc.
I know jotform shows this function with things like Phone Number, Full Name, Dates...etc.
Is it possible?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on February 24, 2012 at 06:47 PM
Yes that's possible with JotForm. First, you need to shrink fields to align them on the same line. Here's a guide on how to shrink fields. http://www.jotform.com/help/90-How-to-Position-Form-Fields-on-the-Same-Line
And with the use of Custom CSS Injection, you can hide those labels above your form textbox. Please use this code.
Here's a quick video guide for this: http://idarktech.com/jotform/video/shrink_fields_ids.html
Hope this helps. Just feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you so much!
- beltwayosAnswered on February 24, 2012 at 06:48 PM
I have the same question!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on February 24, 2012 at 06:51 PM
Please try my guides above and let us know if there's anything we can help.
Here's a quick tutorial for that: http://idarktech.com/jotform/video/shrink_fields_ids.html
- SquareSpotAnswered on February 24, 2012 at 08:53 PM
Worked Perfect! Thank you!
- Rob ThompsonAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 08:45 PM
The tutorial link is dead? Please send an up to date link.
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 16, 2013 at 02:17 AM
Please check the link below.