- rmccoyAsked on March 14, 2016 at 07:41 AM
this doesn't work well with adobe and when i use jotform to create it it just hangs up and never completes. just says "working..." (see below).
Is there a way to complete a decent pdf from my forms which uses a theme?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM
I cloned your form and I was able to create a fillable PDF form from it. Currently, we don't have an issue converting forms to a fillable PDF. Here's a screenshot of the generated PDF from the cloned form:
Please try it again and if it doesn't work, try using another browser.
Also, please take note that we have a limitations in creating fillable PDF form. It means that not all features, apps or widgets will work on the fillable PDF form. Please check this guide: Fillable-PDF-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-JotForm-Fillable-PDF-Creator
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- rmccoyAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 05:06 PM
I just tried on internet explorer and it worked but you lose so much functionality for instance conditions I've put in this form.
It barely works, only the simple stuff. All my hidden fields gone. Lot of fixing to create a functional PDF?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 14, 2016 at 05:45 PM
Unfortunately, conditions cannot work on the fillable PDF at the moment. However, this feature is already in our wishlist. Please refer to the guide below that can help you with more information with Fillable PDF forms.
Hope this information helps!
- KrisAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 07:42 AMI had the same issue as rmccoy in that when I tried to create a pdf version of a simple template, it just keeps saying "working". I have even changed to firefox and it still says the same thing. I haven't signed up for an account yet, i have just been playing around with jotform. Do I need to sign up to create a pdf?
- rmccoyAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 09:00 AM
wut i found is that IE browser works but chrome doesn't. so seems like Jotform should put a fix in for its customer on this, along with developing a way to create working PDFs. last thread i saw was from 2013 claiming that it was a wish list item. Is this just a wish or is somebody working on it?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 09:01 AM
I created a separate thread for your issue, here's the URL: http://www.jotform.com/answers/794768
Please create a new thread for your inquiry next time so that we can assist you properly.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM
I am using Google Chrome and I was able to create a PDF form. The screenshot I posted above was the PDF generated from Google Chrome. Just like what you said, not all features are available in the PDF form as of right now. Our developers are constantly working in order to improve it.
Also, the new fillable PDF form creator was implemented last year. Please refer to this blog post: http://www.jotform.com/blog/134-JotForm-Announces-New-Fillable-PDF-Form-Creator
- rmccoyAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 11:21 AM
thanks. hate to sound like a whiner. bad morning. :)
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Not at all. We appreciate our customer's comments and suggestions. You have a nice day!