- spcial_buyAsked on March 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM
I have put in my form the Facebook like box as a required field to be able to proceed.
However, when I test it, even though I clicked on Like, I get an error message (see attachment).
Why is that?
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM
When I tried to use the "Like" button on widget, I didn't encounter the same warning message. Please, see it from the below:
After applying these steps, please do let us know about its final state.
- spcial_buyAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 12:59 PM
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 15, 2016 at 01:24 PM
It should work by now. I just make the "Facebook Like" widget in your form no required. Required validation on this widget isn't yet working so turned it off on that field.
However, this was already raised to our developers for a resolution. I have also escalated your thread so once this is fixed, you will be informed here.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM
In the name of my colleague, you are most welcome. If you encounter any inconvenience, please do let us know.
- spcial_buyAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 07:13 AM
thank you for your support.
During one of our last campaigns with JotForm (in 2015) we've already used this kind of widget and it worked very well in making the facebook like mandatory.
I was wondering: is there any chance to recover exactly that kind of script and replicate it again on one form? Because it really fulfilled our needs.
Thank you very much
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 08:29 AM
I understand your point and you are totally right. In order to fix this issue, the ticket has already opened; but its status is still "on progress", so we need to wait a little bit more to get the fix. When there is an update about this issue, you will be informed on this thread via email.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 08:36 AM
In addition, I didn't replicate the same results on my latest tests (Firefox, Chrome) when the widget is marked as "Required". You can see the results on the following screen recording:
So, you can give it a shot while we are waiting for the result of the ticket.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on July 25, 2016 at 02:15 AM
There is no way of telling if users have liked your page using the Facebook Like box. Facebook disabled this ability on their SDK.
This feature cannot be implemented - you can only use the widget as non-required to prevent that error from happening.
Sorry about that.