- renewalministriesAsked on March 16, 2016 at 05:20 PM
I have a large block of text that I'm asking users to agree to in a checkbox. When I review my form submissions, all the commas in the text start a new line for some reason. When I look at the source of the submission text, it looks like it's making them li tags.
For example, this block of text:
To the fullest extent permissible by law, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Renewal Ministries, its Board of Directors, officers, employees, volunteer leaders and agents (hereafter known as Renewal Ministries) from liability from any and all claims including the negligence of Renewal Ministries resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death) and property loss arising from, but not limited to participation in this Mission Trip.
shows up as this when I review the submissions:
To the fullest extent permissible by law
I hereby release
discharge and covenant not to sue Renewal Ministries
its Board of Directors
volunteer leaders and agents (hereafter known as Renewal Ministries) from liability from any and all claims including the negligence of Renewal Ministries resulting in personal injury
accidents or illnesses (including death) and property loss arising from
but not limited to participation in this Mission Trip.
I have also tried escaping the commas with \, and using HTML entity (,) instead of a comma, neither approch had any effect.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 09:44 PM
The Check Box fields is not intended for terms purposes. I would recommend you to use any of our widgets:
I ran some test, and it seems like the Check Box supports a few lines with commas.
But it doesn't when adding long paragraphs.
I have escalated this to our second level, to see if there is something that can be done about this. You will be updated via this thread about any progress on this request.
- renewalministriesAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 12:53 PMThank you for your response! I tried this method and it seemed to work. The only issue is that when I review the form submissions, it doesn't show the terms that were agreed to, it just says "ACCEPTED". We would like to have a record of the terms that were agreed to tied directly to the form. Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 01:03 PM
This new question will be addressed in a separate thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/801084
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 20, 2016 at 05:38 AM
This issue has been fixed.