- DaveAsked on March 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM
I need to create quiz sections and total their score for each section. Then show the total scoring for each section at the end.
Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Yes, it is indeed possible to do what you require in Jotform. You can setup a Multi Page form for each section of your quiz. Here's a guide that can help: How to Create Multi Page Forms. Then you can use the Form Calculation widget to calculate the total score for each section. To add the widget, simply follow this guide: How to Add a Widget to your Form. Then you can setup the Thank You page to show the total scoring at the end. Simply follow this guide: Setting Up the Thank You Page.
If you want, you can send us the URL of your quiz form so we can further assist you.
- DaveAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 08:46 AMThank you for answering so quickly
Follow up question
All my question will be yes/no. Is there a way to assign a 1 or 0 value so as to get a total for each section?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Here are the steps on how I created this form:
1. I used the "Radio Button" and the "Text Box" tool.
2. I used the "Update/Calculate Field Condition". The condition is if the answer is "Yes" it will put a value of "1" in the "Score to Question 1" field. If "No", then it will be "0".
3. After that, I used the Form Calculation widget to get the total score of the 2 questions.
You can hide the score fields by right clicking it and then select "Hide Field".
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- dblackardAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 03:46 PMWell I've hit a new wall with my grand endeavor.
First, the support at Jotform is the best.
So my last problem. 😜
I'm not a programmer. So the custom results page is out of reach.
So is there anyway I can get the following solution. Even on a webpage.
Show the number of correct answers in each section followed by total number
of questions in that section. I know the total questions can be hard coded
since it never changes.
Ex. 3 out of 5
Show each section this way.
I know it's a lot to ask.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 04:37 PM
Yes, it is possible to achieve, but it will need some variants compared with the workarounds provided by my colleagues, the first one is using the Matrix field instead of radio buttons.
Then it should need to be set like this:
Once this is added, you will need to assign calculation values to the Matrix Field, to do it only follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value.
Now, you will need to add the Form Calculation widget.
Once it is added you will need to add the fields that are on the Matrix field.
Your widget should look like this:
Once it is done, you need to add a Text Field.
The next step is add a condition like the one shown below.
Now, you need to add a text, to display the result of the answers and setting it up as shown below.
This guide will help you to get the name of the fields as well as the IDs of each one: http://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names.
The last step is setting the Form Calculation widget and the Total field as hidden, if you do not want to show these values on the form.
I would also suggest you to check this guide about calculation in the Matrix Field: http://www.jotform.com/help/343-How-to-perform-form-calculation-in-the-Matrix-field.
Take a look to my sample form: https://form.jotform.com/60766396124966.
Feel free to clone it if you want to see what I did on it.
Hope this helps.