- tannerbotts80Asked on March 17, 2016 at 02:39 AM
im making a complex form and would like to know if it's possible to assign a range of values one output value?
for example, if respondent manually types their age (basically a range 1-100), how can I make it so any one who answered in the range of 20-30 gets converted into a single output? I need it so that all responses (21,22,23,24,25,26....) actually just convert to 25. It needs to be a text (I can't use a dropdown or anything else although I know it would be easier)
Any help would be rich appreciated, Thank you
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 03:33 AM
That's possible. Here's how:
1. You have to use two number fields for that. One that accepts the user input and one for the conversion.
2. Then create a condition that outputs a number on the second field if the entered value is greater than 20 and less than 27. This means the target inputs are 21 to 26.
On the form builder, click Conditions > select Update/Calculate Field.
Then do the following condition: To add more "IF" statement, click on the + blue button.
Example: https://form.jotform.com/60762125609960 (enter a value between 21 and 26)
You can also clone this form so you can check the conditions and how it is setup.
Hope this helps!
- tannerbotts80Answered on March 17, 2016 at 02:06 PM
Wow! That's exactly what I have been trying to do, thank you!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 02:20 PM
Great! Glad to see that the solution provided by our colleague works for you. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm!!