- MOAdminAsked on March 21, 2016 at 12:38 PM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 21, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Please be noted that we do NOT have any built in feature to password protect any form but it is still possible to achieve your requirement. You can take advantage of our "Conditions" feature to show / hide form fields based on the input of any text box. Here are the steps your should follow:
1. Add a "Form Collapse" field at the start and end of your form. You can set the "Visibility" of the form collapse as "Hidden" and the "Status" as "Open". Please check the screenshot below:
2. Before the first form collapse, add a "Text Box" field where user can input the password. Please be noted that you should not use "Password" label in your form. You can use any other text like "Code", "key", "authorization". We have automated anti-phishing system which scans all forms and mark them with probability of being used for phishing activities.
3. You can add condition in your form to check the input text of the text box. If the password matches, you can show the entire form collapse field which will in turn display all the form fields. Please check the screenshot below:
Please take a look at the following demo form : http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42291563960963? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL